1. I cannot believe it's been almost a month since I've blogged....I'm such a slacker!! I've actually been trying to cram in all the "summer activities" we can before school starts for the kiddos. I'm having a hard time believing that it's over and that a lot of what we'd planned for this summer is not going to happen...the camping, the get-togethers, the day trips...where did the days go???
2. I am so excited that our friends, the Vitaro's, have chosen a name for "our" little man due in 7 short weeks, Troy John. It was so much fun to listen to them over the past couple of months as they decided what they would name their first child--brought back a lot of great memories of when we did the same. I seriously cannot wait to meet Troy John!!!
3. I'm really wondering what type of dog our Tucker is. We were told when we adopted him that he was a chocolate lab/springer spaniel mix. Now that he is 7 months (tomorrow), he only weighs 23 pounds with no inkling of gaining more. Any ideas on what kind of dog I have????


4. Why is it that I cannot get my children to read?? They are each reading at levels above their grade level (according to their teachers), but when the tv is turned off--they whine, tantrum, and refuse to read!!! They love going to the library, picking out their own books, and glance at them on the way home so I KNOW it's not the book's fault...why didn't they get my love-to-read gene?????
5. I am a Big Brother addict. There, it's out in the open, I feel much better. Every season I say that I'm not going to even pay attention to their previews on tv, but then I glance @ one, out of the corner of my eye and I'm hooked!! It's so pointless really, 10 people sequestered to a house, with nothing to do all day but swim, eat, read, gossip, strategize, and lounge around--no tv's, phones, computers, newspapers...ahh, that's why I love it---it's my ideal place!!!!!
6. Is Michael Jackson really dead????
7. There is a work-related conference this fall--in Vegas that I have been asked to attend. It's a 5 day event in October, in Vegas. I would like to go--did I mention it's in Vegas
but there are a lot of reasons not to go: * that would be five days away from my munchkins. I have never spent more than two nights in a row away from them and even then, it's only happened on 3 occasions.
* I would be across the country from them...the farthest I've ever been is 20 minutes!!
* it's exactly the time when "our" little Troy John is due to arrive and I can ABSOLUTELY not miss that!!!
* I hate to fly. Even the thought of being on a plane in the air makes my stomach turn. We flew to CA for our honeymoon, and I had to have some serious drinks before I could board then.
The good reasons to go are that I would get to see Vegas. I would also learn a lot about some new technology that we are using at my job. It's a chance to get away with my hubby for a little while...definitely needed. My decision has to be made relatively soon (for airfare rates), but I am very undecided!!!
8. I hate mosquitos. We live in the country (apple orchards and corn fields are my backyard-we have roosters for neighbors!!), so our yard is one big mosquito festival. My children are covered in bites (as am I) and all we do is itch all day, every day. We have sprayed our yard continuously, but to make a difference it would need to be sprayed every day, twice a day!!
9. Even after almost 20 years of togetherness, I really and truly love my husband.
He is wonderful. I don't know any other hubby that willingly does the dishes & the laundry--without being asked to!!! He constantly lets me relax or hang with the kiddos while he cleans up the kitchen or washes the clothes. I think that I take him for granted too often, I am a very lucky girl!!!10. Even though my life is not where I planned it to be right now (whose is right?), it's getting there. We have had some really rough times, but are finally working on making it better. It has taken some time (and some head banging), but I can honestly say that I can see where we want to be and we're headed in the right direction.

2 comments:
If you dont go to Las Vegas I am never speaking to you again. With most expenses paid it is once in a lifetime. So much to see. Its really not a hard desicion...well the hardest desicion is if you are taking me or Chris or both ;)...but the arrival of Troy does weigh heavily. She could be late though --isnt everyone with thier first?
Shhh. Don't tell a soul. I am a Big Brother addict too. I know, horrible. But it is my soooo delicious guilty pleasure. Now, keep it between us. K?
Post a Comment