So, we took a vacation. It was our very first, I mean, our very first vacation...EVER!! The last vacation I went on was my honeymoon, 14 years ago!! My kids have only been camping and to Pennsylvania & Virgina to visit family...never to someplace with hotels, eating out every night, no real rules, where everything done revolved around what THEY want to do! I decided that it was time, so we went. It wasn't extravagant--we spent four days in Pennsylvania @ Splash Lagoon--but it was perfect.
It was, without a doubt, the very best time my children and I have ever had, ever. We spent the first two days at Splash Lagoon, riding every ride, being lazy in the Lazy River, dunking and splashing in the pool, and eating totally overpriced pretzels, pizza and nachos. It was amazing. I literally was able to watch their shoulders relax, like the weight they've been carrying for the past 8 months was immediately lifted. I laughed so hard my cheeks felt like they would split, and I watched my two children really act like children without a worry in the world. After the 2nd day, we realized we were bored with the splash park so we packed some bags and spent an afternoon at the hotel pool (which we had to ourselves as everyone was at the park). When we got tired of swimming, we packed up and went to the Erie zoo for a couple of hours. We also walked around the mall, ate way too many Krispy Kreme donuts, jumped on the beds, watched cartoons, and ate at a very cool restaurant with cars & motorcycles hanging from the ceilings--totally "rad" as my son would say.
I cannot get over how relaxed the three of us were. My ONLY rule for the weekend was no electronics allowed (no computer, cell phones, video games, etc) and it was THE best rule. We spent so much time together, and there was virtually no fighting...for four whole days!!! Now that I've gotten the vacation bug, we are going again this fall...not sure exactly where, but I know it will be the best time...ever!!
#1
14 years ago

















1 comments:
For a kid jumping on the bed is the BEST thing about staying in a hotel. That and not having to clean up after yourself. That might even be the best thing for adults too! :)
Yes, once you've been bit by the vacation bug, it's hard to stop! So glad you had fun. You all deserve it!!!
Post a Comment