Thursday, June 18, 2009

Grandparents....

My kids are going to spend the weekend with my parents, by themselves. They have done this twice before (our past two anniversaries) and cannot wait to go again. I am in love with the fact that they have four amazing grandparents, not to mention four amazing great-grandparents, that they can spend time with and build tons of memories with.


I am also slightly jealous of this fact. By the time I was born, three of my grandparents had passed, and my grandmother and her hubby lived in Florida (we were in NY-only saw her 3 times in my life). So it is safe to say that I grew up without grandparents in my life. There were no weekend visits, no overnight slumber parties, no fishing, storytelling, etc. I didn't really think I missed this until my kiddos were born. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that their grandparents are very much a big part of their lives, but it leaves me wondering what my childhood would have been like if I had had this chance.

So with this post, I am asking everyone that reads to really take time to appreciate their grandparents (if they are lucky enough to still have them) and to cherish your children's relationship with their grandparents. There is nothing like a grandpa and grandson fishing off the dock together, or a grandma and grandaughter baking cookes (stereotypical I know, but fitting).

0 comments: