Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Fill In & Finish Blog Hop

(What's written in blue are my answers to the prompts, which are written in purple.)

You just found out you have one week to live. The first person you call is my brother (assuming my hubby was with me when I found out).
and say that I'm sorry for beating on you when we were kids, but I couldn't ask for a better brother, let alone best friend. Please help Chris with raising the kids and make sure they both remember the true me; make sure that all three of them laugh again soon and that Chris stays in the house in Hilton, because that is their home.
Immediately after hanging up the phone, you leave the doctors office and before heading home you go the sitter's to pick up the kids. Then we would head to the airport as we would go to Disney for a few days-something I REALLY want to see my kids experience.
You gather your family at home that night and say nothing because I'm too much of a mess. I do write them all letters though and tell them that they are THE MOST important thing to me and that they MUST rely on each other always. I tell my Dad that he was the most influential person in my life and that I really tried to live my life as he has. I tell my stepmom that even though we didn't always get along, she was a fantastic mother and I couldn't have gotten by without her--truthfully. I write a letter to my "real" mother and tell her despite everything, I forgive her. I tell my girlfriends what they mean to me and ask that they help Chris raise the kids as I would have. I ask them to make sure that Chris gets out and about and isn't sad forever. I write as many letters to Chris as I can and put them in the mail so he'll get them after I'm gone (yep, a little "PS..I LOVE YOU" thing going on). I take as many pictures of myself with the kids as I can in that week so they'll have me with them. I write them letters as well filled with my hopes and dreams for them and also the answers to all the questions I had previously answered with "I'll tell you when you're older."
You book a three day trip to three different places, because you've always wanted to go to Disney with my kids, Ireland with my dad, brother, and Chris, and Montana--to see the commune we always wanted to move too....hehehe
On the way back from your trip you stop off at the pet store, need to get some yummies for my pup and cats before I go....
For two more days you spend your time making videos for my kids, explaining things I think they'll have asked me or stuff they might wonder about after I'm gone. .
You make sure you write a will out with my hubby, just to make sure everything is clear and taken care of for him, teach my daughter how to braid her own hair, and teach my son how to make homemade pizza, three things you know you should have taken care of but have been putting off.
The final day is too personal to write about but you wonder to yourself: why did I have to get a death notice before I finally did all those things this week? The reason I'll probably keeping putting off all those things is the typical lack of time, lack of money, and everyday crazy life. I have learned all too well that life is too short and have really tried to show my kids that you need appreciate life for what it is rather than think about what it isn't. After filling this out, my goal is to stop doing everyday chores for a while and just "be" with my family. We will go on more bike rides, we will hang out in bed or on the couch longer, bedtime might be a little later this week than usual...just to make sure we are actually "living our lives".

0 comments: