Monday, November 2, 2009

Life is too short...

Dear Connor & Hannah,
Today I was sadly reminded once again that life is just way too short.  I know we have talked about it before, but I wanted to remind you that you cannot take life for granted, not even for a minute...here are some things I have learned that I hope to teach you:


1.  Never go to bed angry.  This means with your parents, your siblings, your spouse, your children, or your friends.  Always work things out before your head hits that pillow.  You can never count on "fixing it" in the morning.


2.  Always tell your loved ones that you love them.  You can never say "I love you" enough and it will always make you and them feel better, no matter what.


3.  Try not to tell yourself that you'll take care of it, tomorrow...if possible, take care of it today.  Because the very harsh reality is that you may not have a tomorrow.


I do not want, in any way, for these "bits of advice" to impede on your innocence as children, or to scare you.  I just want you to appreciate those around you and what you have every single day. 
So, I'm telling you again, tonight, before I go to sleep, that I love you both more than you could ever imagine.  You are my everything and nothing will ever change that.  I am so very proud of the two of you, in every way.  You are the two best things that have ever happened in my life. 
I love you,
Momma

0 comments: