Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Little Get Away….

This past Friday, I got to “get away” for an evening.  My girlfriend picked me up around noon, we drove to Buffalo and picked up my other girlfriend, and then headed to the Seneca Casino for a night out.  Here is a shot of the view from our room, 21st floor—a little high for me, but a fantastic view:DSCF0309 The Falls

Lynn & I had gone with a mission, to talk Kelly (w/her hubs and kiddos) into moving back home here.  We did make some headway (keep your fingers crossed), but it turned into a different night than we had planned…turns out we ALL needed a little get away, I haven’t laughed as much in a long time.

We checked in, and started right off with stopping for a pizza snack—we snacked on unhealthy foods the entire night—can you say ice cream cone @ 3:30am—fabulous!!!  We gambled a bit a lot, and it turns out I’m more like Clark Grizwald than Kenny Rogers in the casinos…and we sat in the hot tub—great for people watching!!  My favorite part was dinner, where we spent three and a half hours dishing and eating--I even tried crab legs!!.  Finally, we went back to the room around 1:30am and spent the rest of the night just catching up.  There were no laptops, no tv’s, no phones (minor calls only).  It was strictly the three of us--friends for 20 years--catching up on what’s been happening, what’s new to come, and of course, hysterically laughing about our past.  I didn’t realize what a night not being mom would do for me…holy crap why haven’t we done this sooner????

This was my first overnight away from my hubs and kids. I did miss them, but I came back such a happier, more relaxed mom.  I strongly advise all you moms out there to schedule a night away with your girlfriends, it will benefit everyone involved…so much so that we’re going back in a few months!!!

0 comments: