Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mammogram Day 2008

So today I went for my very first Mammogram. I am only 35, but with my family history, the docs decided to start me early. The day started off with me up @ 4am (didn't really sleep at all) and beginning to feel nervous. Two of my best friends (Sherri & Melissa) met me @ my house @ 7:30am to pick me up. They had planned an entire day of pampering and fun with just us girls. When they showed up, they gave me a box with a t-shirt in it. I cried when I opened it, and then cried harder when they took off their "shirts" to show me what they had worn:

Sherri & Melissa's shirts read, "Heather's Support Team", and my shirt read, "Squeeze These Please." The funniest part of the shirts was that it was actually a picture of my chest that was taken at a wedding a few weeks before!! Those girls are crazy!!


The mammogram went fine. I was more worried and nervous for the results than the actual test itself--that part was fine. While waiting for the results, I received a chair massage (thanks hubby) from an on-site masseuse.

Great robe huh?
When they called me in, all three of us got up and entered the "results room". This startled the doc, but she was great and shared the good news that all was well in boob-land today! Let the celebration begin!!





After that, we drove out to Pittsford and window shopped for an hour before our appointment. We got these pretty pink bracelets as a souvenir of Mammogram day:




Once at the spa (never thought I would utter those words hehe), I received my very first, but oh so not last, pedicure. It was wonderful. After that, we received eyebrow waxes (not fun, but worth it) and then off to the Olive Garden for an amazing lunch.





Some very happy girls!!







Aren't those toes BEAUTIFUL!!!!






Later that evening, Sherri & I joined my oldest (we've been friends for at least 18 years) and best girlfriends (Lynn, Jen, & Kelly) for Girlz Night. We ate, drank, laughed, and caught up with each other. I love these nights, there is nothing like getting together with really good friends, relaxing, and laughing until your cheeks ache! I also love my friends for the ability to eat pizza, cheese, and orange dream drinks and not once complaining about the diets or weight gain that a night like this will inevitably bring me!!!

Needless to say, a day that I have been fearing turned into one of the most fun days of my life. I love my girlfriends for being there to hold my hand when I need it. We will be celebrating Mammogram day every year now for me, and when the other chickys get to this stage, I will be there to celebrate with them. Mammogram day should be a mandatory event for every woman out there, I highly recommend it!!!!

0 comments: