Monday, August 4, 2008

Memory Monday

Six of My Favorite Memories:

1. The day my husband proposed to me: cold November night, on a bench @ Schoen Place (Pittsford), being attacked by a goose, thinking that he was actually joking about the ring, calling everyone we knew that night to tell them, going to Phantom of the Opera but not remembering it because I was staring @ my ring!

2. The days my kids were born: the excitement, the worry, the fear, the love, the absolute awe I felt when Connor Thomas was born and then all over again when Hannah Colleen arrived

3. Vacations with my Dad and brother: the church sign that read, "Jesus or Hell--Your Choice"; Dad accidentally asking the waitress @ Friendly's for a Reese's Penis Sundae-I was a mortified teen, the waitress was hysterical; our hotel room just outside of Cooperstown in the middle of a field--when I went in the bathroom one morning, I was greeted by a horse looking into the window!!

4. Conesus Lake: my Uncle Jerry had a cottage there and myself, my brother, and my cousins Shawn & Kevin stayed there for a week-without parents; we watched movies we probably shouldn't have (Eddie Murphy-Delirious) and walked to the convienient store by ourselves every day for ice creams. It was a classic summer of swimming, fishing, and boating and spending time with my family!

5. Connor's kindergarten graduation. Even though I was crying all the way through it, I have never been so proud before. Watching him when he walked across the "stage" looking so happy and so much older than he was just the night before...

6. Girls Nights. My time spent on these nights with my very best girlfriends is hilarious. We talk about everything and nothing (unfortunately the nights happen less often than we would like--the drawback of having grown up lives!). My sides & cheeks inevitably end up sore the next morning from laughing so hard--I wouldn't trade these nights for anything!!

0 comments: