Ok, I've been having a hard time with this flashback post. Seeing old pictures makes me long for the days when my babies were babies. When getting up four times in the middle of the night was a given (I was a weird one, I loved getting up with them); when laundry smelled like dreft; when I was the one who would feed them instead of finding them routing in the fridge looking for snacks; when I would get to pick out their clothes and dress them instead of telling them that they are NOT wearing the jeans with the holes out of the house, etc.We celebrated my first baby's eighth birthday last week. I am still slightly in shock over his turning eight. I know people always say things like this, but it REALLY does seem like it was yesterday that I first heard him cry in the hospital room.
It took us seven months to get pregnant with him, so we were already excited/anxious for him to arrive before the stick even turned blue. After nine short, short months, we were in labor for 33 hours before they rushed us into the surgical room for an emergency c-section. He was a very quiet newborn, didn't cry until they gave him his 1st vitamin shot--about 3 minutes after he was born. I was nervous that he and I wouldn't have that instant "mother-child" bond because he was rushed to the NICU right after I got to kiss him. He spent his first 10 hours of life there, but was then returned to my room for the duration of our stay, and we have been inseperable ever since.Over the past eight years, he has formed quite a personality: he is what they call an "old soul." He says things that boggle your mind, that make you stop and think for a minute. He is hysterical, cracking jokes and making us laugh continuously. He is smart--picks up things almost instantly. He is caring and sincere--the compassion I see in him is sometimes breathtaking. These are things every mom says about her children, but these are things about my child that leave me in a sense of wonderment every day.
There has not been a day gone by that I haven't reminded myself that Chris & I are so very lucky to have such a great children.

Couldn't leave the ladybug out of this flashback...

I never thought that when that first stick (and the next 6-just to prove to myself that I was pregnant) turned blue, that life would be as amazing as it has been so far.
I don't dare waste time trying to imagine my children at future ages and what they will be like... 

...they are growing up so quickly that I am just trying to enjoy today...









0 comments:
Post a Comment