Well, Dad's party went great. We had around 70 people show up and he had a wonderful time. It was nice to see everyone (especially the out of towners from Seattle, Iowa, Boston and Tennessee).
The best part of the party was my Uncle Jerry from Tenessee surprising my dad and showing up. He had told my dad that he wouldn't be able to make it out, and my dad was bummed (I mean, grumpy-bummed). My cousin was able to get video of the surprise (I just need to get it from him) and I'll post it here asap. It was great, a cry fest, but great.
The worst part of the party (guess there had to be one) was my daughter having to be taken for a quick trip to the emergency room. She was with her cousins fishing and accidentally received a lure hook in her chin. She was a pretty good sport about it and after a two hour visit, couldn't wait to get back and have some of Bapa's birthday cake. Never a dull moment with us!!
All in all, it was a fantastic weekend. I loved seeing my dad surrounded by all of the people that mean the most to him. I can't wait until we throw him his 70th birthday party!!
#1
14 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment