I cannot believe that it has been a week since I've added anything to the blog. It seems that this week has gone by without even noticing it. The kids finished their first full week of school, work was crazy for both Chris and I, and I am having a hard time keeping track of what day it is lately. So, before I fall asleep at the keyboard, here are six things you may not know about our family:
1. When we want a kiss from the kiddos, we ask them to "give us some lip." I cannot remember where that came from, but it has been this way since Connor was old enough to understand it.
2. At the end of the day, at bedtime, we all tell each other to "sleep sweet." It just seems nicer than telling each other goodnight--it sounds too much like goodbye.
3. When the kids are driving me crazy or doing something totally wacko (happens regularly in our house), I call them trolls. This might not sound very motherly to others who are within earshot, but the kids find it hysterical and it is a safe thing for me to yell when I might be at my wits end...
4. Both of the kids have had nicknames since the first moment I laid eyes on them. My son has always (and will always) be "peanut" and my daughter is "ladybug".
5. We are in love with the Pirates of the Carribean movies--we could probably recite the three movies between the four of us.
6. Saturday mornings are cartoon time--the kids barrel into our bedroom as soon as they wake up, jump into bed with us, and we all watch cartoons for at least an hour or so before getting the day started.

0 comments:
Post a Comment